James Hines

Captain
Norwalk Fire Department, Engine Company 3

From "Inside East Norwalk" by Stan Siegel. This column is being published every two weeks in the newspaper "The Hour":

"(First Fire Companies): "In the East Norwalk railroad station house, the Mayflower Hook, Ladder and Hose Co. was organized on May 16, 1887, through the efforts of Harry Rider, then station agent. It was originally a bucket brigade. September 1, 1887, the building which now houses the George's Home Bakery at 42 Van Zant St., was the home of the Mayflower. In February, 1906, the company moved into its present quarters, 56 Van Zant St. At the present time the Mayflower Hook, Ladder and Hose Company had four paid men and about 130 volunteers. The equipment includes a La France pumper, a Barker combination. The Captain of the Mayflower Company is Stephen O'Brien." (Next issue: First Settlers)"...More Info


Visit us on:

Norwalk Fire Department, Engine Company 3
56 Van Zant Street
Norwalk, CT 06855

Tel.: 203-858-7198

JHines@NorwalkCT.org
http://www.norwalkct.org/index.aspx?NID=63
Copyright © 2017 East Norwalk Business Association, 25 Van Zant Street, Norwalk, CT 06855   All Rights Reserved
For more information call 203-854-5722 or email info@eastnorwalkbusiness.org.
SITE DEV: GREYSKYE